- West Coast Account Manager
Apr 2012 - Present
West Coast Account ManagerWest Coast Account Manager – West Continent Surface Wellhead Division
Cultivate long-lasting business relationships with major customers and generate growth opportunities for west coast accounts. Promote and actively support complete surface wellhead product and service offerings. Deliver technical guidance and innovative integration solutions in customer field applications, utilizing FMC's patented uni-head wellhead systems with metal-to-metal sealing technology.
- Selected to manage key aspects of the Chevron Steam Pilot Project from concept through completion. Exceeded customer scheduling/budgeting goals by 25% and project sales expectations in 2012 by $2.4 million. Generated an additional $7.0 million in new equipment sales for 2013.
- Planned and executed successful startup of the west coast facility. Exceeded 2012 and 2013 sales quotas and profit margins and generated high customer equipment/service satisfaction scores.
- Negotiated and secured new annual wellhead and frac equipment sales totaling $2+ million.
- Played a major role in customers cutting up to 25% in total drilling time, eliminating hot-work and unsafe BOP operations, and producing safer wellhead systems and more reliable/robust environmental barriers.
National Account ManagerNational Account Manager – Surface Wellhead Division
Developed and maintained high profile, national customer accounts. Negotiated and secured major contracts and frame agreements. Managed mid-sized accounts totaling in excess of $20 million in sales per year.
- Generated a 15% increase in surface wellhead sales in 2011.
- Successfully managed multiple customer wellhead projects concurrently.
- Maintained competitive advantage by analyzing industry trends, researching competitors and projected future business, and effectively driving customer pricing, delivery, and standardization.
Area Sales & Service ManagerArea Sales & Service Manager – Multi Phase Meters Inc., a Division of FMC Technologies
Developed and implemented sales and marketing strategies while promoting the product line and service to major customers in the Americas during the start-up of the Houston, TX sales office.
- Established pilot projects in California and Mexico to field test Multi Phase Meters (MPM) technology; managed the design and manufacture of test skids for use in pilot projects. Oversaw all aspects of performance testing in Alaska, Colorado, and Texas.
- Conducted technical field analysis and generated reports that determined customer field requirements and MPM metering selection related to size, material type, and requisite features.
- Successfully managed delivery, set-up, testing, break-down of metering equipment, and skids including nuclear source handling, supporting multiple locations across the U.S. and Mexico.
- Led integration of MPM meters, on-board subsea trees, manifold, jumpers, and test skids for both FMC and Cameron.
Engineering ManagerEngineering Manager – Aftermarket Division
Directed the high-performance MMRS Engineering Group comprised of 26 supervisors, engineers, and technical support staff in execution of FMC Aftermarket operations, including design, modification, refurbishment of subsea equipment and tools, manufacturing engineering support, technical documentation, drafting and design, non-conformance reporting, and metrics. Devised strategies focused on achieving key business objectives.
- Led the industrial engineering effort to convert preservation, storage, and maintenance procedures into SAP operational task lists that decreased engineering documentation by 80%.
- Spearheaded cross-functional quality teams utilizing LEAN principles and Crosby Quality tools to implement continuous improvement projects across the Aftermarket Division.
- Played a key role in Global Engineering Process development. Articulated and implemented the division’s maintenance management philosophy and strategy.
- Realized a cut in non-conformance notifications backlog from 700 to 60 by implementing process improvements and appropriately training employees.
- Heightened the level of performance by establishing goals, developing employees, and motivating the cross-functional engineering support team to achieve excellence.
- Electrical Design Engineer
Apr 2004 - Feb 2006
Electrical Design EngineerElectrical Design Engineer
Designed, developed, modified, and integrated widely varying military AFSOC C-130 aircraft platforms with complex avionic electronic warfare systems. Led a team of technicians in implementing designs while providing complex integration solutions and engineering change documentation.
- Recognized for completing design implementation 100% on time in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing deadlines, while adhering to stringent corporate, government, and industry standards.
- Delivered technical guidance and subject matter expertise; analyzed and interpreted engineering drawings, technical manuals, and data and presented oral and written briefings, reports, and recommendations to senior leadership, team members, and remote site technicians.
United States Navy
- CWO2 (Avionics Officer)
Mar 2003 - Jun 2004
CWO2 (Avionics Officer)Quality Assurance Officer, Avionics
Managed squadron quality and safety department during critical operations while deployed in the Persian Gulf and during peacetime operations. Held full accountability for all squadron aircraft quality and safety matters.
EARLY CAREER—United States Navy: Maintenance/Material Control Officer – USS Iwo Jima, Maintenance Control Manager “Hot Seat” – Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Team, Curriculum Development Manager – Naval Aviation Technical Training Center